Sunday, January 2, 2011

Photo Journal Walk

When I think back on this last year of my life I can honestly say that it has been one of the best. I have met people that have already had such a great impact on my life and I have grown closer to people who have encouraged me in so many ways. This walk was honestly exactly what I needed right now. Winter is always so crazy for me, with basketball and schoolwork I feel like I’m always struggling to find any time to myself. It still hasn’t sunk in yet that this will be my last year in high school, I mean my whole life has pretty much been routine so far because every year’s schedule has been pretty similar to the last. I chose to take my walk at a small park in downtown Kent that I used to LOVE to go to. I chose a really good day too because the pond was frozen over and there was still some snow on the ground so it was absolutely beautiful. It is funny because I remember that park seeming so much bigger when I was a kid, and now it seems so small. I never realize that my perception of everything around me is changing until a few years go by and I return to a place I haven’t been for a while. It is hard to put in words besides that it felt strange, but not necessarily in a bad way. I used to be so afraid of when it would be time to leave high school and head on to college, but as it grows closer and closer I feel ready. I feel like everything high school had in store for me was worth while and I got everything I could have out of it. Honestly, I’m really happy with how these four years have turned out, even with the ups and downs. The main thing that I got out of my walk is that I realized that I’m confident with where I am in life right now, and I’m ready for a new environment. I honestly can’t wait to see what college will be like and I hope that in everything I will always stay close to what I’ve accepted as my personal truth: my faith in Jesus Christ. I hope that my life will never get so hectic that I begin to lose time for the one thing that will bring me peace. I feel like over this last year I truly made my foundation for who I want to be, and now I’m ready to see where it takes me.   

1 comment:

  1. If I was to indentify a "tone" in this blog, I would use words like: sure; strong; self-assured; peaceful; confident.

    It's wonderful to hear that these four years have been such a blessing Kelly-- can't wait to hear how the next years go for you all. :)

    15/15

    ReplyDelete